This guide will show you how to create a Facebook Like Page for your business or organization, including how to set up an initial Landing (or Welcome) Page (or Tab) to give a new visitor a great experience. Subsequently we will be writing other informative articles in this area about Facebook Like Page design and engaging with your Fans.
Step 1: How to Create a Basic Facebook Business Page:
1. The first stage in how to create a Facebook business Page is to set up a basic Business Like Page and then customize:
2. From your personal profile, go to any other company’s or person’s own Like Page.
3. Click on ‘Create a Page’ (located in the bottom left of the page)
4. The best choice on the next page for an effective Like Page is ‘Brand or Product’; this can be fine-tuned later if necessary.
5. Next, you can choose the type of business/organization you are, under ‘chose a category’.
6. Then you can type the name of your brand (and name of your new Like Page) into the ‘Brand or Product’ box.
7. Your basic Like Page will now be created – ready for customization.
8. The first ‘tab’ within your new Like Page that you will see is the helpful ‘Get Started’ page. Click the ‘Update Category’ button.
9. The ‘Get Started’ tab guides you through some of the things that you will need to and we will revisit this in a later guide. Our first priority is to customize your Like Page with a page known as a ‘Landing’ or ‘Welcome’ page (or Tab).
10. After you have confirmed the Category of your page (‘Update Category’); you have created your basic Like Page.
11. You now have a basic Like Page set up; all ready to customize and make it more effective.
Step 2: Creating Content for Your Welcome/Landing Page
To create this content I use a company called Squarespace. Squarespace is a hosted web building tool that makes it very easy to create your own high quality web site(s). We are going to use it to create some HTML code to input into our Welcome Tab for our Facebook Like Page.
Note: You do not have to use Squarespace; there are many tools for doing this. What we are trying to achieve here is to create some content using a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. This enables you to create content very easily – just typing in your copy (text) and inserting pictures, video, forms, et cetera, just the way that you would using Microsoft Word. Using these tools (or applications) you can then choose to view the HTML version of what you have created. You can then copy and paste this HTML code into your Welcome Page on Facebook and the facebook fan page business Page will be created.
1. Once your Welcome Page content has been created in your WYSIWYG editor and you have viewed and copied the HTML version of that content, we are ready to past that HTML content into the Facebook Like Page Welcome tab.
2. We can then go back to the Facebook Welcome page that you should still have open (if not – don’t worry, just go back to Facebook and open the Welcome page again).
3. Then right-click with your mouse and paste the HTML code into the top box from the two in the Facebook Welcome page editor.
4. You can then see the HTML code in the Welcome Page box.
5. Then click the ‘Save and view tab’ button to save what we have.
6. Then click on view your tab as a fan (or as a non-fan; it does not matter at this point).
7. You will then be able to see your new Welcome page as your visitors will.
8. We can still add more content in the form of pictures and video to make it more appealing, but the basic technical techniques have been covered here now.
Step 3 – Adjusting Settings For Your Welcome Page.
We now need to set our Like Page so that whenever a new visitor comes to our Like Page, they see the Welcome Page first.
1. From the ‘Get Started’ page click on the Edit Page button.
2. You will then see the ‘Manage Permissions’ page.
3. Currently the default Landing Tab will be set to ‘Wall’.
4. Select the drop-down menu and change the option to ‘Welcome’.
5. The Default Landing Tab is now set to ‘Welcome’.
6. You can then click on ‘View Page’ to exit from the edit mode.
7. You can then navigate around your Like Page by using the tabs on the left of the page.
8. Each time you click on the Welcome page you will see the HTML version of the page. You just need to click on the ‘Save and view tab’ to see the page as your visitors will see it.
9. And view tab as a non-fan.
10. It is now possible to use a WYSIWYG/HTML editor (like Squarespace) to add further content to your Welcome page.
Find More Create New Business Articles